Facebook free mode implies enjoying Facebook without having to pay for data or seeking/begging to connect to other people’s hotspots. Free mode on most mobile networks is usually called “Facebook flex”. Also, free mode on Facebook using these social networks allows you to get access to Facebook for free whenever you want to. On the facebook lite app, there is a button to switch this feature off and on. It helps you stay in total control of your data. It is more like a data saver.
Check out: Create Your Own Facebook
How to Create a Facebook Account
Of course, a Facebook account is needed to use Facebook free mode. I mean you need an account to sign in to Facebook lite when you want to access Facebook. This is one of the basic reasons why I am outlining this step here. To open a Facebook account, put on your data connection. If you are on Facebook flex, you can continue if you do not have data.
- After putting on your data connection, launch the Facebook lite application or the web browser.
- When the browser loads, navigate to www.facebook.com. If you use a mobile app, click the signup link at the bottom of the page.
- Wait for the sign-up form to load completely and fill out every detail required.
- After filling walk through the rest of the Facebook steps to complete your account set up.
Note that this would involve verifying your mobile number or email address, adding some friends and some more personal details about you. When you finally complete these steps, you would be logged in to your Facebook account.
How to use the Facebook free mode
The Facebook free mode can only be used on sim cards that allow it. To know if your sim can access Facebook free mode, follow the steps below;
- Open your Facebook app or navigate to www.facebook.com.
- Log in to Facebook if you have not done so.
- When you log in, you would find a button at the top of the page. This button is to turn the free mode off and on. If you have data on your mobile sim card, you would be on the free mode. But if you do not have data on your sim card, you would be on data mode.
To switch between free mode and data mode, click the button that implies so. The button should say “see photos”.