I remember what a friend posted before he deleted his account and I quote “I once had a life until someone asked me to create a Facebook account” – It sounded funny but it is actually true. You hardly keep in touch, no visitations, no hanging out, just you and your device. That’s it on that so let’s see how to deactivate your Facebook account and take a break from this Facebook thing.
Check this out:
How to Deactivate Facebook Account temporarily
- First, you need to log in to your Facebook account by entering your Facebook details.
- Once you log in, take the cursor of your mouse to the arrow icon facing downward located in the top-right corner of the page and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you need to select the “Settings” option.
- Then, select the “Security” tab from the left panel of the screen.
- At the bottom of the page, you’ll find the “Deactivate your account” option. Click on it.
- After clicking on the option, a tab will be extended where you need to click on the blue color ”Deactivate your account” link.
- A new page will be open, where you need to enter your password.
- After entering a password, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You’ll be directed to a new page, where you need to give your reason or reasons behind your deactivation.
- After filling the prompt information, click on the ‘Deactivate’ button for deactivation.
- Facebook will once again ask you to confirm your decision to deactivate the Facebook account. Click on the Deactivate Now button to immediately deactivate Facebook account.
If you wish to open a new Facebook account subsequently, see this guide: How to Recover Lost Facebook Password From Your Trusted Friends.
Was this guide helpful? Please let us know your reason for wanting to leave Facebook in the comment box below. And Please Share it.
Also: Please and please let us know if you are finding it difficult to deactivate your account and we will be ready to help.
This article first appeared on this page: How to Deactivate My Facebook Account 2019 Guide