Though Facebook has kept its user’s email address hidden, instead of showing the user’s email in the profile, all it shows is the Facebook email address which many users don’t even realize because they hardly check their profile for the email addresses.
The inability to receive Facebook mail can prompt users to want to make inquiries about the exact email address Facebook is sending its notification and what will be seen will not be what they are expecting. The article has made it easy to change your email address on Facebook from the default Facebook email to your personal email with a step by step procedure on how it is done.
Below are the steps involved in changing your email address on Facebook
- Visit your Facebook account and follow through to your profile
- Click “About” from your profile page
- Scroll to the email address then just in front of it, click the edit button
- Change the default Facebook email to your email address
- You can then either choose to show it on your timeline or hide it from your timeline depending on what you really want
- Click “save” at the bottom of the page
- From your Facebook page, go to settings
- Click on “email” where you will see your present email address,
- Just below that, click “Add another email”
- Enter the email into the box provided
- The process requires you to input your password, which you do
- Then save the changes by clicking “save”
- Finally, visit the email to verify the account, a confirmation link will be sent to the new email address, all you have to do is click on the link to confirm.
Read Also: Create a New Facebook Account