Instagram, just like every other app out there, experiences login problems from time to time. The issue can happen on any device, be it on the mobile phone or on the PC.
Basically, when faced with the Instagram login problem, you will receive any of the messages below from the Instagram team:
- We can’t sign in to your account.
- Forgotten password for [username]?
- Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
- The username you entered does not belong to an account.
- Instagram username not found.
- Please check your username and try again.
Dealing with Instagram login issues can be daunting and downright frustrating because when the error occurs, it makes it nearly impossible to contact Instagram to get help.
The good news is that most errors on Instagram are self-inflicted, which means that they can be fixed without difficulty. It is easy to beat issues with sign-ins that are caused by hardware, software, and login credentials. However, when dealing with a lockout, there are a few solutions that can rectify the problem.
Why you can’t log into Instagram?
People can’t log into Instagram due to any of several issues noted below:
- You are entering the wrong username or password (remember that Instagram password is case sensitive).
- Your account may have been blocked or deleted.
- I am logging in from a new device that Instagram doesn’t recognize (which requires further verification).
- There is a communication issue between your device and the Instagram server.
- Your phone’s time and date are not set correctly
- The device you are using is old and does not support Instagram.
- There is a hardware or memory issue with the phone.
How to fix the Instagram login issue?
There are some quick fixes to the Instagram login problem, which might solve the problem:
- Reset the password
Before resetting the password, make sure to check and double-check whether the password and username are entered correctly. If the details are entered automatically, try deleting and reconfiguring them.
If nothing worked, try to reset the password:
- Tap on “Get help signing in”;
- Enter the proposed information; and
- Choose a way to receive the link to reset your password.
In case of not having any access to the suggested methods, choose “Need more help” and read the guides provided by Instagram.
- Switch the device on and off
Turn your tablet or phone on and off again or try force closing or re-launching the Instagram app. Sometimes the solution is just as simple as restarting the device.
Once you switch the phone on, try and reconnect with the app once more and see if it will solve the error. If, for some reason, incorrect information was sent, this should be able to solve the problem.
- Check Wi-Fi Connection
Often times, difficulty logging in might be as a result of a poor Wi-Fi connection, which often occurs without your knowledge. If the message received suggests that the problem is taking place due to server login connection issues, rebooting the Wi-Fi router can be an option.
Alternatively, you can attempt switching from Wi-Fi to the cellphone’s connection and check if the connection is more effective or faster.
- Reset phone’s time and date
As told before, Sometimes, login issues are caused by the wrong settings. Therefore, always ensure that the date and time on settings are ‘Set Automatically’ to avoid such problems in the future.
- Clear app’s cache and data
The app cache on the device might be corrupted, which can cause the error.
To fix it, try clearing the junks by following these steps:
- Go to the device’s settings, then to Application Setting.
- Go to All the apps and find Instagram. Then look for clear “cache and data.”
- Once you clear the data, Force Stop the application.
- Try signing in from PC
Try using the browser version of Instagram, instead.
The browser version of Instagram is very similar to the mobile platform, and it will allow you to use Instagram just as you would use it on the phone without any problems.
- Try to log into Instagram from different devices
You could also try using Instagram on different devices to see whether the login error is being caused by the device’s inadequacies.
- Update the app
Usually, errors on Instagram are caused because the app is outdated, which means there is a need to update to a newer version that is more effective. If the update is available on the phone, you should simply update it through the Play Store or App Store.
You do not see a notification to update Instagram? Then uninstall it so you can install it afresh, which should fix any potential errors.
- Sign in with Facebook
Having linked Instagram and Facebook accounts helps a lot.
Signing into Instagram using a linked Facebook account works the best.
See also: How to Delete Facebook Group
Note: If not yet faced the log in issue with Instagram, and your Facebook is not connected to Instagram yet, then connect them right now to prevent future complications.
- Your account is disabled or deleted
Violating Instagram’s community guidelines may deactivate or disable an Instagram account, which can be done at Instagram’s discretion. In the case of a deleted account, you cannot log into it again, which means you will have to create an entirely new account from scratch.
Check out: Yahoo Mail Login – Yahoo Mail Sign in
In this case, a message like this presents:
Your account has been disabled for violating our terms. Learn how you may be able to restore your account.
Read Instagram guidelines and terms of service to avoid any violation of rules in the future.
- Contact Instagram
Tried all of these solutions and nothing has worked? It might be time to contact Instagram’s help and support team for professional assistance.
To wrap up
With all these possible solutions to the Instagram login problem, we hope the Instagram account is successfully accessed.
In case you have tried another solution, and it worked, we would be grateful if you let us know in the comment section bellow o help others deal with the Instagram login issue.